Sunday, February 13, 2011

Take Care of Yourself


Hello Fellow Counselors,

Sorry for the delay of this post, but I was "down and out" for a few days last week, but nothing that a "Z-pack" and some rest won't cure.  I didn't realize how tired I was though, until my body actually stopped, so don't forget to take care of yourselves guys.  We get so busy and and our bodies go into overdrive, but remember it's the only one you've got, so rest every once in awhile.  

Now, to catch you up.  My parent meeting that I got to be in charge of was very successful.  As a teacher I've been in hundreds of these meetings, as I'm sure most of you have also, but it is definitely different being in charge and running the meeting. My counselor had totally prepared me and had made a list of all the things I needed for the meeting, so everything went smoothly and it was such a rush!  There were a few items that I probably wouldn't have thought to have ready on my own and that certainly helped a lot.

Last week we also gave the TAKS release tests from last year to our entire campus, so I helped with all of the test prep materials and teacher boxes.  Not too fun, but part of the job, and at least it contributed to my hours.  

Well, after the big chill, the sun is shining brightly and it is incredibly beautiful today, so if you are reading this, you are probably working too, so I suggest that we turn shut down our computers, step away from our desks, and enjoy this amazing God-given Sunday.  I am, and oh "Happy Valentines Day."  

No comments:

Post a Comment